Friday, February 10, 2006

Firefox Rocks!



Before using Firefox, version 1.5, I was using Internet Explorer, version 6.0. After downloading Firefox and using it, I have decided to make this browser my primary one. I will still keep Internet Explorer, but I enjoy Firefox more after using it for just a short time. After 2 days of just using it, I decided to keep using it past this assignment due date. I have now used it over a week and still stand by my decision. It’s amazing how this is Firefox’s version 1.5, and Internet Explorer’s 6.0, and I already enjoy Firefox more. I can’t wait till they reach version 6.0!

I liked the history bookmarks in Firefox, and how there was a search box that was easy access. I also learned you can just hit ‘control’ and the ‘h’ key to go to it. The tabbed browsing I LOVED. It was so annoying have all those boxes at the bottom! Tabbed browsing allows me to not have to minimize one box, and click on another. This was seriously one of my favorite features.

Although I already have a popup blocker installed, having one from Firefox was a nice addition to it. Now I am definitely protected from all those annoying pop-ups. As I was looking at the Options aspect of Firefox, I discovered it’s all so much easier to use! It’s organized, and my favorite part was when I pressed on the delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history, I could do other things on the browser without having to “wait” for it to finish. I like the set-up of the options and found them more easy to use.

I really enjoyed the many little features of Firefox it had to offer. I love the logo, and it got me to think how boring Internet Explorer’s logo is. I feel Firefox uses more icons, and this makes it more visually appealing and easier to use. The appearance is simple, and this is how I like it. Internet Explorer has tons of noise going on in their browser! I didn’t think there was going to be much of a difference between the two browsers, but there pleasantly was.

The articles were interesting to read. Firefox seems to be increasing in downloads every month, and I can definitely see why. I learned even more about my download after I read them. Firefox has features that in order to get with Internet Explorer, you would have to download them. I also did not like all the security concerns I read about with Internet Explorer. I do understand the ‘hassle’ issue, however, because people are lazy and if they have Internet Explorer on their computer, why download another browser? I think this is happening because people are not completely informed about the benefits of Firefox. This is another one of my reason’s to making Firefox my primary browser. The world seems to finally be catching on to the Firefox craze, and I understand why.

As I stated earlier, I will definitely be making Firefox my main browser. I love different features that it offers that Internet Explorer does not. I cannot wait for the updated version of this browser, because it will only get better and better! I will continue to use Firefox in the future, and perhaps someday just erase my Internet Explorer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home