Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Competition.

I googled for similar websites related to mine, and I may not be the best "googler" because for some reason I found it difficult to find individuals public relations profiles that directly matched my goal as well. However, I was able to find similar websites so I figured I would analyze those.

The first "competitor" website I came across was 'S&C Advertising and Public Relations" which is basically an online portfolio for a company, and not one individual which is what I am doing. This was a professional website, however I was not very impressed with it. The navigation and template were pretty simple, which was fine with the goal of the website. However, I felt the images used were pretty generic and reminded me of free clip art from a word processor. This made me think twice about the images I am using/going to use for my website. The font and how the words were all formatted created a clutter effect to me as well. After looking up the source codes it gave me a couple ideas about my keywords. Something I have not added yet is specific locations where I would like to work and this is something they did and I am going to add. Here is the list of keywords for the website: "San Antonio Advertising, Public Relations, Hispanic Marketing, Web Design, Transcreation, Public Outreach, Branding, Media Relations, 508 Compliance, GSA,WBE MWBE MBE, Translation, Spanish, Multicultural agency, Public Affairs, SBA certified small & disadvantaged business, san antonio, Texas."

The second "competitor" website I researched was Swanson Russel Marketing Communications. I felt this website was a little more professional than the other one I analyzed. I appreciate the whole 'less is more effect' and felt it worked well with this company's website. I liked the actual wording used within the website and how this website wrote less yet still said more than the other one. One thing I felt could have been changed is the navigation bar font; it just bothered me for some reason because it was so plain and everything else seemed more sophisticated and the effect kind of clashed to me. The font could have at least been bold or something! This was a website that I feel I could generate ideas from in terms of the feel of it. I looked at the source code for this website, and could not find the META NAME. I looked throughout the whole source code but nothing was labeled 'keywords' like the other website was. I looked throughout other public relations websites and they had them but this website did not. Here is an example of one of them: "publicity, pr, media, advertising, marketing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home