Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Don't Have Beef With People. I Have Tofu.

“We all love animals. Why do we call some ‘pets’ and others ‘dinner’?"

I stopped eating fish after I saw The Little Mermaid when I was ten.

No, seriously. How can you eat Flounder after he helped Ariel find the love of her life? Or eat crab after getting to know Sebastian on a personal level? So I quick, cold-tofu.

I stopped eating all types of meat when I was in high school. I am not one to judge people if they decide to eat meat, I just know it's not for me. And never will be.

So what do I eat do you ask? Tofu. Vegetables. Fruits. Cheese. Hummus (yum). You can still go the bad route and stock up on the fried food, but given my new journey as of yesterday I don't think that's a good idea :)

I (currently) live in South Florida, and there are actually quite a few great locations to grab some vegetarian-friendly food. This blog has a great variety for us vegetarians (my absolute favorite is Sub-Lime, no questions asked):
http://www.meatlessmiami.com/search/label/Ft.%20Lauderdale

I am not preaching here, just try something new! And who knows, tofu may end up becoming your next favorite food!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home